Saturday, August 27, 2011

this sugarcane, this lemonade, this hurricane, i'm not afraid

Well actually, I am afraid. The hurricane is coming, there are tornado warnings for my area, and the ground is already saturated and flooding so I'm not sure where all this g.d. rain is going to go.

Yesterday, I had to get a cortisone shot in my right foot for my plantar fasciitis, so I spent most of the day confined to quarters, as I was told not to walk on it for 12 hours, and besides getting that shot hurts like a bastard. My confinement ended at 10:00pm, so I ended up hitting the 24 hour Walmart at 1:30 AM -- an experience which left me feeling quite attractive, svelte, wealthy, educated, and oddly proud of my full set of teeth -- and then today I hit up Petsmart, Trader Joes, the farmers' market, and the dairy store. Walmart had no flashlights whatsoever, so I bought some of those solar-powered garden lights to use instead in the event of a power failure. I'm resourceful that way. They're all charged up and ready to go, and I have to say, they're really snazzing the place up quite a bit!

I am quite prepared for the hurricane when it gets here. The rain started around 2:00 pm, the wind got bad a little while ago, and for added fun, tornado warnings. The eye of the hurricane is about 200 miles SSE of me so it's going to get much worse. Great! I'm going to try to get some sleep. I still have power, internet, and cable, and I'm really hoping that trend continues.

Good night, and to my east coast family, stay safe!

No comments: