Monday, September 26, 2011

find my way back to love...

That's a line from the song whose video I was in yesterday. It's not released yet, but I have to say, I hope it's a really big hit for Wyclef Jean. I love the song, and of course the video is going to be super fun. What was amazing to me is that even after hearing it roughly 1,000 times yesterday, I still liked it and wanted to hear more of it, in sharp contrast with the song that we danced to during the Today Show appearance. It's been almost two months and I still never want to hear that song again!


So here's a not very good picture of part of the filming location. It was supposed to be a typical New York street (even though we were in nearby Newark, NJ). I was supposed to be part of a group of straight-laced business people who were on their way to work but then... hey, what's this? A party? OMG! We're going to join this dancing mob and then run down the street behind Tanya Beardsley with a look on our faces like we're going to the most awesome party EVER! And then Wyclef Jean is going to pop out and we're going to do a synchronized dance while he plays the piano and sings! Awesome!!!

It was very fun filming this, even though it was humid as a bastard and we were all sweating like beasts. I'm still beyond thrilled that I was casted. Two thousand people applied and only 100 were picked and one of them was me. How ya like them apples?

And I'm thrilled that I was finally able to get my photo with Beto!!! The picture line was moving fast so I didn't get to say much other than "mucho gusto!" and "gracias, Beto!" but still, it was very, very cool. I couldn't get anywhere near him at the convention, and I didn't want to be part of the screaming crazies who were mobbing him the whole time we were there. I really wanted to get my photo with Gina Grant but she didn't do photos until the end, and by that time my feet were killing me from dancing for more than seven hours in the heat, and all I wanted to do was get in my car and drive the hell home. I also didn't get a photo with Tanya, but that's cool because I have a few with her already.

So all in all, it was a very interesting experience. I don't know how much camera time I'll get but I'm proud to say I was there, and I'm sure that my gorgeous saffron shell & jacket will help me to stand out during the group shots.

Also, needless to say but this is most definitely going on my list of awesome things I can do now that I could never do before! Ha!!!

Good night.

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

Can't wait to see the video...which I"m sure you'll post.