Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Just beachy

Today was a beach day, which after several days of rain, made me very, very happy. The water was warmer than it had been but still not warm enough to actually swim in. This made me conclude that my next beach vacation will involve warm, blue water. I'd also like for it to include mimosas with breakfast, a bar with swings, and bartenders who encouraged me to stand on those swings while singing Daddy Yankee songs, but I won't get greedy.

It's been almost a week since starting the insulin-sensitizing meds and it's actually been an easier transition than I had expected. It's also been easier cutting down on my carb consumption, however I do have my moments. I feel kinda like I did when I was freshly out of surgery and people would rave about how good some new dessert was that I couldn't have and it made me want to cry. The wanting to cry feeling is back. So let's just say that I don't care how good the new Starbucks salted caramel mocha is, don't tell me about it. As far as I'm concerned, it probably tastes like monkey semen. And the name of it just sounds awful, or like it should come with a shot of insulin on the side. I recommend you pass on that Showcase Showdown, people.

Time to sleep.

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

I've tried it...it's gross...the mocha that is, not the monkey semen.