Thursday, September 29, 2011

now i'm walking again to the beat of a drum...

I feel a numbered list coming on. Again? Yes, again.

1. I had an excellent, EXCELLENT phone interview today. There will be an in-person interview next week. I'm excited for this, as it would pretty much be a dream job. However, the job would not be in New Jersey, it would be in the big city. As in the greatest city in the world. The rush hour express trains would get me there in just under an hour, and I guess one hour is not a huge commute, and this really would be a great opportunity. But commuting to the city? Am I enough of a grownup for that kind of job?

2. I still have a cold. I'm not a fan. There is way too much coughing going on for my liking. Also sniffling and sneezing.

3. I don't think the goop in my hair from the sleep study is ever coming out. Damn. Tomorrow I'm going to wash my hair yet again and leave in some conditioner for about a half hour to see if that helps.

4. I'm trying very hard not to interact with the crazy. Yes, there are some people who are so crazy that even I can't handle it. And also I want to ask them if their ass is jealous of the shit that comes out of their mouths. However, even though I want to ask, I won't.

That's about all the numbering I can handle right now. My stuffy head and I are going to bed!

5 comments:

Snooze said...

Fingers crossed for your interview. And yes, you are so ready for the commute.

Jenn from WA said...

Fingers crossed in Seattle for your job in "the city".

Anonymous said...

I know I'm kind of late to the party with the sleep study crap they put in your hair (grrrr) but as a person who has had like 4 sleep studies, the trick is to try to remove pre-shampoo. Use very very hot water and try to get out as much as you can before you shampoo, as that does nothing. Hopefully it's out of your hair, but just an fyi:)

Anonymous said...

with a washcloth/comb. Forgot that part. ps, I think it must be the creepiest job in the world to be a sleep study tech and watch people move around in their sleep all night.

Lesley said...

Thanks, Anonymous! I will remember that for next time. I'm willing to try anything because it was really painful picking the caked-up goop out of my hair. It's been a week and I think most of it is out. At least I hope so!

I agree it would be uber-creepy to watch people sleep. My test ended around 6:30 and as I left I could see the monitors at their little station and there were people sleeping, all in night-vision lighting. Yikes to that!

I once was involved with someone who thought that this would be a good career option for him because he was far too much of a special snowflake for a normal 9 to 5. Also creepy, now that I think about it.