Monday, January 07, 2013

winter summer day or night, centigrade or fahrenheit...

Just a few things. I'm in full-on get ready for surgery mode and my attention span is even more microscopic than normal!

1. An important part of my surgery prep (important to me, at least) is making peace with my body before it gets filleted like a fish once more. To that end, I've been going on to that My Body Gallery site and looking for pictures of women who are the same height and weight as me so I can get an idea of where I am. I used to look at pictures of similarly-sized women and think that there was no way I looked as small as them, but now I can look at some of them and see that I'm actually smaller. And it's true. This isn't like when I meet other people who tell me they're 40 and my first thought is "I look WAY younger than you!" Although that's usually true, too.

2. I'll admit, before today I was waiting for the other shoe to fall and for something to happen that would cancel or postpone my surgery. Today it hit me that as long as my iron levels are okay (oh and believe me, THEY WILL BE!), then all systems are go. Holy fuck, this is really going to happen! So I'm absorbing that news. Absorbing it in my own way, and not by doing crazy things like grabbing my arms, thighs and boobs and singing "nah nah nah, hey hey hey, GOOD BYE!!!" No, not me. I don't do crazy things like that.

3. In preparation for surgery, I had to buy a little gadget that will allow me to pee standing up. Ah yes, another lifelong dream is realized! Wait, was that an overshare? Oh wait, I DON'T CARE! My blog, my rules.

4. I finally got my pre-surgery pedicure today. No-polish pedicures are pretty damn boring, but my feet do look cute. And I discovered that for me, pedicures and cold days do not mix anymore. By the time I got home, my feet were blue from the cold. Ah, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis disease, you are truly the gift that keeps on giving!

5. I also got my eyebrows done. Just because I'll be stuck at home recovering from the filleting doesn't mean I can't look cute, right?


Well, that's enough for now. I need to get some rest. Three more sleeps until surgery!

No comments: