Sunday, June 15, 2014

stepping out, everyone can see my face, all the things I can't erase from my life...

So tonight I played my Voodoo iTunes game, where I ask iTunes what my blog subject line should be and hit next while the random setting is on. Tonight I got "Everybody Knows" by the Dixie Chicks, which is actually quite fitting for me right now.

It's the end of the weekend, so I'm numbered-listing ya's. Because why not.

1. I'll be very honest with you: I could have done more this weekend. Yesterday I was off to a strong start -- I got up, cooked breakfast, hit the gym, and had a load of laundry started, all before 11:00 AM. The rest of the day wasn't quite so ambitious, but I think I needed it. I spent a lot of time by the pool reading and soaking up all the free Vitamin D, which apparently I need. I started reading The Goldfinch. I know I've said this before, but I mean it this time for realsies: this is one of the best books I've read in a long time. I'm not even done yet but I will absolutely recommend it to you. And if you read with a Kindle or Nook, I could probably loan it to you. Hit me up.

2. The tendinitis in my right wrist is very bad. Again. So I've got another two week date with this sexy apparatus here. I don't mind wearing the brace so much. What I do mind are all the questions I get about it. Most people ask if it's carpal tunnel syndrome and then want to whine about their own (alleged) carpal tunnel symptoms. No, it's not, and also, I don't care. And I don't really like answering with that I had a tumor when I was a teenager and the surgery to remove it left me with some weak tendons. A story like that just brings the "Awww, I'm sorry" headtilt. And I'm not a fan of the headtilt. So instead, I think this week when someone asks me what I did to my wrist I'll say "This? I hurt it. Handjobbing for extra cash. You know how it is." I think that will allow me to avoid both the nosy questions and the headtilt. WIN!

3. I tried a new and very experimental recipe this morning for some ricotta-based no-sugar pancakes. It was basically ricotta, almond flour, egg, vanilla, and stevia. I added some blueberries while cooking, because hey, it's that time of the year. I had some difficulty flipping them, so it ended up more like a scrambled something than a pancake, but even with all that, they were delicious. I took the leftover batter and made a baked pancake (or clafoutis, if you want to be fancypants) to have for dessert tonight. Next time I'll take some pictures so you can appreciate the awesome. I think my carb-cutting efforts are already paying off. I haven't noticed my blood sugar bottoming out at all in the last week or so. This is progress!


That's three. And that's enough for now. Good night, sweetheart, well it's time to go...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe not the headtilt, but definetly the dropped jaw....

Lesley said...

Good! My plan worked! ;-)